11 November 2008

Del Rio

That means "Of The Rio," in English.
Headed southwest following the Texas Pecos Trail today. All day I saw few vehicles and lots of wildlife: deer, wild turkeys, antelope, buzzards, squirrels, birds of prey, one dead porcupine, but no armadillos, or alligators. I left the tree covered limestone hills and deep ravines, washes, gulches and draws of the beautiful Texas Hill Country and turned West at Bracketville into the rugged and desolate northern foothills of the Sierra Madres in SW Texas near where the Pecos River converges with the Rio Grande. Shortly after I turned west I was able to see the Sierra Madres on the edge of the southern sky. They beckoned for me to explore them all afternoon and into the evening. If only I had my passport . . . . .
Tonight I am camped beneath an almost full moon in Seminole Canyon State Park.