19 November 2008

Little Green Men

No not aliens, cadets, at the New Mexico Millitary Institute. After I visited the International UFO Museum & Research Center I passed the NMMI on my way out of town heading northeast toward Amarillo, TX. A rather monotonous ride across the North Texas prairie. I passed through towns like Portales, NM, "10,000 Friendly People and 3 or 4 Old Grouches," Friona, TX, "The Biggest Small Town in the Country," and Hereford, TX, "The Beef Capital of the World." I also passed six freight trains and was able to get five of them to honk their air horns. Tonight my tent is set up in Palo Duro Canyon State Park at the very bottom of the second largest canyon in the USA. There are no clouds and plenty of stars and it will be cold again tonight, but I do not think I will have to worry about any intoxicated New Mexicans being loud and obnoxious in the middle of the night.